a recipe from Food.com
Soak up the last few days of summer with this cookout classic that is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Total Time: 1 hour | Serves: 8
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 – 3/4 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 8 large chicken breast halves, bone-in with skin (a large family pack will usually have about 7-8 breasts)
- In a sauce pan, sauce the garlic in butter until tender.
- Add the next 8 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and set aside
- Grill the chicken, covered over medium heat for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Baste with sauce.
- Grill 15 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- Continue basting and turning during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with any extra sauce you set aside for dipping.