If you love roast beef as much as we do, well, this recipe for roast beef tenderloin with caesar crust could become one of your faves. You’ll feel like an executive chef when you take a bite of this flavorful, juicy dish.
• 1 4-pound center-cut beef tenderloin, trimmed
• Kosher salt
• 4 teaspoons of ground black pepper
• 2/3 cup of fresh breadcrumbs
• 2/3 cup of mayonnaise
• 4 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped
• 4 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
• 4 teaspoons of grated lemon zest
• 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Season the tenderloin lightly with salt and pepper. Wrap it in plastic and refrigerate overnight. Uncover the tenderloin and let it stand at room temperature for two hours.
Preheat oven to 400°. Set a rack inside a rimmed backing sheet and transfer the tenderloin to the rack. Pulse 4 tsp. of black pepper and the remaining ingredients in a small food processor until well blended. Spread and pack Parmesan mixture around tenderloin.
Roast until the crust is golden brown and the thickest part of the tenderloin registers 110-115° for rare or 120-125° for medium-rare, 30-40 minutes.
Transfer to carving board and let rest for 20 minutes. Cut into 1/2”-thick slices and savor every bite.