Add a kick to your chicken with a delicious tomato cream sauce!
This recipe makes 8 servings and takes 50 minutes to fully complete.
8 Chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
1/4 tsp of dried basil
1/4 cup of basil leaves
3 cloves of minced garlic
1/4 tsp of dried oregano
1/4 tsp of dried thyme
1 cup of chicken broth
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/3 cup julienned sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained
3 tbsp butter, unsalted
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste
3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside.
4. Melt remaining tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan, thyme, oregano, and basil.
5. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet.
6. Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 175°F, about 25-30 minutes.
7. Serve immediately, garnished with basil, if desired.