Leaks aren’t always as obvious as a burst pipe or flooded basement. They’re sneaky and subtle sometimes — hidden beneath the foundation or in your crawlspace. However, when you know what to look for, the evidence leaks leave behind isn’t too hard to spot.
Signs you may have a leak:
- Check out your water bill. Is it unusually high?
- Inspect your ceilings and walls. Are they warped, sagging or stained?
- Walk around the yard. Are there any damp or muddy patches, even on dry days?
- The nose always knows. Is there a musty, earthy smell that won’t go away?
- Inspect your bathrooms, kitchen, and laundry room. Is mold or mildew forming?
It’s important that you catch leaks as early as possible. The longer they go unnoticed, the more costly the repairs will be. They can also lead to serious health issues by irritating your allergies or spreading dangerous bacteria into your home or water supply.
If you have a leak and need a professional, or simply want us to inspect your home for potential leaks, contact your friends at Zurn Plumbing. We are ready to help. To schedule an appointment, give us a call or fill out our online contact form.