Looking for a new, delicious dinner for the family? Bring out the grill, and try this dish that the family will love!
This recipe makes 4 servings and takes about 15 minutes for prep time, and 1 hour, 15 minutes for cook time.
1 3.5-4 lb. chicken, with backbone removed
Freshly ground black pepper
4 sprigs of rosemary
2 heads of garlic, halved crosswise
2 bunches of red scallions
2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
1 tablespoon onion or chive blossoms (this is optional)
1. Set grill for medium heat
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Layer rosemary, garlic, and 1 bunch of scallions on the grill
3. Put the chicken with skin side up on top of the aromatics. Cover the grill and cook the chicken until it is almost cooked through (35-40 minutes). You will see the aromatics will be completely charred.
4. Brush 1 tbsp olive oil on chicken, and place skin side down on the grill. (The aromatics can be discarded.)
5. Grill chicken another 10-15 minutes until cooked through; skin should be crisp.
6. Remove chicken and place on cutting board to cool for 10 minutes.
7. Toss scallions in remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Let grill for 5 minutes, until tender and slightly charred.
8. Serve chicken with grilled scallions. Enjoy!