Although recent winter rain has led Georgia to loosen some water use restrictions, they are keeping the restrictions intact for most of the Atlanta area. Other than following those restrictions, what can you do to help the situation? Well, this month we have indoor and outdoor tips that can save water and money regardless of the conditions.
Indoor Water-Saving Tips:
- Install aerators on your faucets to reduce flow to less than 1 gallon per minute.
- Install low-flow showerheads and keep shower time reasonable.
- Run dishwashers and washing machines only when they’re full.
- Turn your bathroom faucet off when brushing your teeth or shaving.
Outdoor Water-Saving Tips:
- Water when temperatures are cooler in the morning or evening.
- Use mulch around trees and plants to reduce evaporation and keep the soil cool.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean sidewalks, driveways, and patios.
- Make sure your sprinklers are only watering your yard, not your house or the street.
Thanks for checking out this month’s blog. We hope you found the information helpful and informative. If you have any questions or need professional plumbing service, please let us know. If you’d like to schedule an appointment right now, fill out our online contact form.