The holidays aren’t the same without Peppermint Bark! It’s fun and easy to make this sweet treat.
This recipe makes 24 servings and takes 1 hour and 40 minutes to fully complete.
30 crushed peppermint hard candies
1 1/2 pounds milk chocolate candy, chopped
1 1/2 pounds white chocolate candy, chopped
1 teaspoon oil-based peppermint flavoring (amount is to taste)
1. Line a 9X13-inch baking pan with wax paper.
2. Spread 1/3 of the crushed peppermint candies on the wax paper.
3. Using a double boiler with slightly simmering water, melt the milk chocolate. Stir frequently and make sure to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid burning the chocolate.
4. Pour the melted chocolate over the peppermint candy in the baking pan. Sprinkle another 1/3 of the peppermint candy on top of the melted milk chocolate.
5. Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens (about 30 minutes).
6. Follow the same directions above to melt the white chocolate.
7. While the now melted white chocolate is in the double boiler, stir in the oil-based peppermint flavoring.
8. Pour the melted white chocolate over the hardened milk chocolate. Spread the remaining peppermint candy on top.
9. Refrigerate until the white chocolate hardens (about 30 minutes).
10. Cut or break the bark into pieces. Enjoy!