Schedule Service

If you have an emergency, please call 770-451-6765
Categories: Zurn Man Tips

Water Damage – What’s Covered, and What’s Not

When your house gets inundated with water, it can do a lot of damage. No matter what happens, it’s a headache for you. At best, you’ll have to open your house up to strangers to remedy the damage. At worst, you may lose valuable possessions and have to spend a large chunk of change to get everything sorted out. The good news is, standard homeowner’s insurance covers most types of water damage.

So, what type of damage is covered and what is not? Damage to your roof that isn’t due to gross negligence will be covered. For example, wind damage or damage from a fallen tree should be covered. A busted pipe, even one that busts from becoming frozen, should also be covered. Unfortunately, flooding caused by natural disasters isn’t covered. Separate flood insurance must be purchased to cover that. Sewage and drain backups also require separate insurance coverages.

In the end, basic homeowner’s insurance will cover most common issues that arise. The most important part of this equation is to maintain your home to the best of your ability so that the insurance company doesn’t rule the damage to have been caused by negligence. If something arises and you need plumbing assistance, we’ll be there ASAP! Give us a call at 770-451-6765 or visit our website http://www.zurnplumbing.com/contact-us/.