a recipe from Cooking Light
Your tailgating meals used to consist of hamburgers and potato chips. Clearly, you’ve upped your game as you’ve switched from a grill to a smoker, but you’ve got to replace the potato chips too. Don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Our spicy sweet potato wedges are a guaranteed hit with whatever you smoke for the game. Get the recipe now, and win this weekend.
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 500°F
- Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/2- to 2/3-inch wedges; place in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt, five-spice powder, and chipotle chile powder; toss well.
- Arrange wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 500°F for 20 minutes or until tender, turning after 10 minutes.