Taking care of your garbage disposal can prevent clogs, keep your kitchen smelling fresh, and save you money. We have 5 tips that are a breeze to implement that will keep your disposal in tip-top shape:
- Use cold water while running your disposal. This will prevent you from melting grease that would otherwise coat the inside of your pipes and cause even larger problems.
- Always run your disposal for at least one minute. This will ensure you are truly disposing of the food going down the drain
- After the disposal has run for a minute, turn it off but allow the cold water to continue to run for 30 seconds to be sure you’re flushing all the waste through the drain.
- Occasionally putting ice cubes in the disposal keeps the blades sharp and helps to remove buildup.
- Baking soda, vinegar, and citrus fruits are great natural additives to keep your sink smelling fresh and clean.
If you’re following these tips and you’re still having problems with your disposal, give us a call or fill out our online contact form to schedule a service today!